If you’ve thought about joining Atomic as a developer, now is a great time to apply. We’re kicking off a new 12-month Leadership Fundamentals course this spring, and we’re looking for two mid-career developers to join our team and our inaugural class.
Why Leadership Fundamentals?
Our educational system largely trains us to work as individuals, and for much of our careers, we’re judged primarily on individual accomplishments. We develop emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills through life experience, but we don’t often take time to actively study these topics, analyze our skillset, and focus on building capabilities.
The Leadership Fundamentals course is designed to fill in those gaps. Atoms who take it will gain skills that they can use to enrich relationships, improve effectiveness, create opportunities, and build confidence and a sense of purpose.
The course is part of our overall commitment to building a team of makers who are also great consultants, and a company where everyone is empowered to participate.
What Will the Course Include?
Leadership Fundamentals will focus on coaching and giving feedback, influencing others, developing emotional intelligence, resolving conflict, and building effective management practices. We’ll read books on these topics, journal our takeaways, discuss them together, and engage in exercises to practice the skills.
We’re designing this program based on our experience running Atomic’s Accelerator Program. We’ve seen strong value in providing mentorship and guided professional development to folks joining Atomic right out of college. This program offers a similar experience tailored to consultants joining us later in their careers.
Can I Take This Course?
The 2018 course will be open to all Atoms in our Grand Rapids office—including two new developers we’re planning to hire. We’re particularly looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience
- A desire to learn and grow as a professional
- A strong interest in team leadership
And as always, we expect Atomic developers to:
- Have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, preferably from a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Share a dedication to our Atomic Values
- Be great communicators, empathetic listeners, and folks who will understand and champion a client’s needs
- Be mature adults who are self-aware, perceptive, and self-managing; folks who establish clear expectations and follow through on them
- Think long-term and want to solve hard problems
- Be well-rounded people who can carry their side of a lunch conversation
Get in Touch!
If you’re interested in the program, please send us a resume or reach out with questions.