On a recent project, I needed to bring our source tree over to a Windows system in order to do some testing and light development there. Windows development with open-source tools has always been challenging, starting with getting the right tools in place.
If you want to use Windows socket functions (such as WSARecv, and WSASend) inside a Ruby extension on Windows, you may have your work cut out for you. Here’s a helpful work-around I discovered during a recent project.
I recently wanted to get the Haskell SDK bindings running on windows. It was a bit trickier than I thought it would be — mostly due to a terrible macro SDL used to redefine the main() function. I used the SDL 1.2 bindings as they’re a little more mature than the SDL 2 bindings, which […]